Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happiness in my mailbox!

My inspiration journals, woodgrain tags, and knitted red velvet cupcakes came in the mail today from Red Velvet Art!

I've done nothing but be crafty and read this weekend. I got half way done making a mini album for little brother's visit to Disneyland with me last month, I bought some embroidery, painting, and knitting supplies, and a finished a layout. Pictures will follow tomorrow when there's daylight.


Here are my two most recent layouts (about the man I love wanting to take a break, of course :( )


All layouts done using Studio Calico kits.

Some projects I will be working on next:


  • A birthday banner for my mumsy. She'll be 50 next week!
  • A few small gifts for the best friend and her fiance'.
  • An embroidered pin up.
  • A painting to hang in my room to get me inspired for grad school (which starts in FOUR weeks!)
  • A felted cupcake.
It seems like when I'm more bummed out, I tend to be more creative and more productive with my craftiness. I want to read this book about the relationship between depression and art. Not that I'm manic depressive, or even clinically depressed, but I find the topic interesting.
With love,
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment