But that's about it as far as knitting goes :( I don't know what it is. I feel like my work is backwards, even though I watched a video on how to cast on and create the stitches. Maybe it's because I'm left handed? Also, I feel like the knitting needles are super slippery and it's hard to get the needle under the stitch. I also think I made my cast on thingies (very technical, I know) are too tight. I want to give it another go but I've got Law and Ethics homework to do. I have a meeting with my classmates at 11am to work on our Ethics project.
I will be treating myself to a pumpkin spice latte beforehand :)
I'm sad I don't have a fun three day weekend but I hope all of you lucky ones enjoy yours!
With love,
Ashleigh
omg. I just had a pumpkin spice latte for the first time! yum. enjoy. <3
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm glad you no longer have to miss out on those fabulous drinks! Wait until Christmastime. Peppermint mochas <33
ReplyDeletehey, cutie :)
ReplyDeletei'm telling you: i always messed it up until the day i bought really BIG needles :D they're easier to handle, esp. for beginners.
did you watch the first "cat on" video from knitting-help? i don't do it like this....well, basically, i do. BUT i don't put the needle UNDER the yarn when doing the first "stitch", i put it over the yarn... complicated to explain. o_O
also, there are good tuts on this at youtube. they do the beginning with a slipknot, maybe that's easier?
well, i'm pretty sure, you will do it!!!! <3
Katja, THANK YOU for the tips! I will try the bigger needles. I guess I could look it up, but do you know what the difference is between the needle sizes? Do they create bigger/smaller stitches? Also, is there a huge difference in the easiness of the aluminum versus the bamboo or plastic needles?
ReplyDelete